Chicago Tribune, July 7, 1857
The Mayor read a communication recommending that means be provided for the improvement of Dearborn Park, the work to be done next year! Referred to the Finance Committee.
Chicago Handbook for Tourists and Strangers, Halpin, Hayes and McClure, 1869
DEARBORN Park.—The first, and for many years the only public park in the city, is an oblong piece of ground extending from Randolph to Washington street, and from Michigan avenue to Dearborn place, and contains one and a half acres. The ground was presented to the city by the United States, to be used for ever as a public Park. It is enclosed by a neat iron railing, and planted with trees.
Dearborn Park at Randolph Street and Michigan Avenue, At the left the wholesale drug house of Burnhams & Van Schaack, later the location of Sprague Warner & Co., where now Crerar Library stands. At the right is the Armour Building which housed the Pullman Palace Car offices. From a stereoscopic view by Copelin & Melander taken in the summer of 1871.
Sanborn Fire Insurance Map