< --Previous Up Next–>
Life Span: 1892-TBD
Location: 537 S. Dearborn St.
Architect: John M. Van Osdel
ELLSWORTH building, at 537 S. Dearborn street, later known as the Terminals building, was built in 1892. J. M. Van Osdel & Co. were the architects and Corydon T. Purdy was the engineer.
At 353-359 Dearborn Street, extends through to Plymouth Place, with frontages on both streets of 71 feet, and a depth of 60 feet. The building, of steel, with exterior of brick and terra cotta, was erected in 1892. It is 170 feet high, in 14 stories and basement. There are 4 stores, 200 offices, and 3 elevators. The tenants are manufacturers’ agents, publishers, and printers
353-359 Dearborn Street
Rand McNally Bird’s Eye Views 1893