Columbus Theater, 1903
Life Span: 1887-1943
Location: 1838 S. Wabash
Originally opened in 1887 as Baker’s Theater, it had many names over the years: Havlin’s (1889), Tivoli (1896), Adelphi (1898), Columbus (1901) and closed under this name in 1909.
It re-opened as the Wabash Theater in 1914 and continued as a movie theater until closing in 1943. A Kimball theater organ was installed in the Wabash Theater in 1924.