Chicago Illustrated, December, 1866
PARK ROW takes its name from a block of brown stone buildings which for a long time stood alone, facing the South end of the Lake Park, the right resting upon the Lake Shore. Since then, other buildings of white stone have been built between the Row and Michigan Avenue. It is one of the finest residence locations in the city. Among those residing on this place are W. F. Coolbaugh, Esq., C. G. Wicker, Esq., Col. John VanArman, Henry G. Miller, Esq., John Van Ayer, Esq., and others.
James W. Sheehan, Esq.,