< --Previous Up Next–>
Life Span: 1885-1950
Location: 231-233 W. Monroe St. at SE corner of S. Franklin St.
Architect: John M. Van Osdel
BUTLER PAPER CO. building, at 231-33 W. Monroe street, on the southeast corner of S. Franklin street, built ca. 1885, is six stories and one basement high. It was rebuilt in 1901 by Reid, Murdoch & Co. after a disastrous fire. This corner building was originally five stories high and was occupied by Sweet, Dempster & Co.
Demolished after 1950.
231-233 W. Monroe St. at SE corner of S. Franklin St.
Robinson Fire Map 1886
Volume 1, Plate 1