Return to Ships of John Gregory
The 17 ton tug C. W. Evans (US No. 4262), originally built at Buffalo, NY in 1864 by J. F. Kingston, was rebuilt into the Frank R. Crane (US No. 120333). The rebuilding was performed by John Gregory in his Chicago shipyard during 1878. She was owned by the Chicago Dredge & Dock Company and cost $7,500.
No documentation after 1916.