Life Span: 1884-TBD
Location: 3349 Indiana Avenue
The Chicago Clubs Illustrated, 1888
The Indiana Club was organized in 1883, for the purpose of promoting social intercourse among its members and their families. The Club occupies the premises at 3349 Indiana Avenue, a handsome and commodious two story brick house, furnished throughout with every comfort and luxury. The billiard and pool rooms, the bowling alley and the dressing rooms are on the first floor, and on the second floor are the parlor, the reception room, the card room and a spacious dancing hall. The Indiana is essentially a family club, the wives and children of the members being entitled to all its privileges.
During the course of the year, entertainments of various kinds, lectures, concerts and balls, are given under the auspices of the Club. The initiation fee is fifty dollars and the dues are twenty dollars a year.
Mr. William H. Harper was elected as the first President of the Indiana, and retained the office for three succeeding terms. Mr. Harper was also again elected in 1887. In 1886, Mr. E. F. Gorton filled the position.
The present management of the Club is as follows: President, Mr. C. E. Seaton; Vice-President, Mr. J. E. Kimball; Secretary, Mr. W. E. Frost; Treasurer, Mr. J. B. Marsh; Board of Directors, Messrs. J. M. Phelps; E. E. Barnard, H. H. Carr, James H. Cooley, J. H. Gilman, C. E. Seaton, J. E. Kimball, W. E. Frost, and J. B. Marsh.
Leave a Reply