900 N. MICHIGAN AVENUE building, at the northwest corner of E. Delaware street, completed in 1927, is nine stories and one basement high. Jarvis Hunt was the architect and Lieberman & Hein were the engineers. Mr. Hunt was the architect for the State of Vermont Building at the World’s Columbian Exposition.
The north wall is supported on rock caissons, the rest of the building on wood piles. The building is designed for 20 stories and a tower.
At the corner of Delaware Place and Michigan Avenue, these apartments all were finished to meet the individual needs of residents.
High-quality shops were located on the ground floor, with thirty-three rental apartments on the second and third floors. The remaining six floors were divided into thirty-six units for the owners of the cooperative apartment building. These apartments ranged in size from four to twelve rooms and some were duplexed. The U-shaped courtyard building was clad in stone on the lower levels and in brick on the upper levels.
An effort to place the building on the Illinois Register of Historic Places failed in the early 1980s and demolition of the structure began in June, 1984. A new multi-use building designed by Kohn Pedersen Fox Associates and Perkins & Will was constructed on the site.
Apartments for floors 4-9, appears to be for the original occupants.